PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Seton hall tennis team was bested by #43 Brown University on Saturday afternoon, dropping a 7-0 decision.
Chloe Sher (Shui Wai, Hong Kong) nearly upset Brown junior Misia Krasowski, who is currently ranked #10 in the region, in their #1 singles matchup.
After losing the first set 0-6, Sher rebounded to take the second set 7-5. The sophomore then opened up an 11-10 advantage in the ensuing match break but double-faulted to even the score. Krasowski then won the next two points to take the match 6-0, 5-7, 13-11.
All other Pirates competing in singles fell in straight sets.
The freshman pair of Anna Guryanova (Moscow, Russia) and Maria Rodriguez (Bogota, Colombia) had the strongest outing among the SHU doubles teams, falling 8-4 to Emily Gelber and Carissa Aboubakare in #3 doubles.
The Pirates return to the court on Saturday, February 18 when they travel to Annapolis, Md. to take on the United States Naval Academy. First-serve is scheduled for 10:00 a.m.
Seton Hall 0, #43 Brown 7
1. Misia Krasowski (Brown) def. Chloe Sher (SHU), 6-0, 5-7, 13-11
2. Jessica Harrow (Brown) def. Elizabeth Verow (SHU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Sarah Kandath (Brown) def. Madison Shoemaker (SHU), 6-0, 6-1
4. Laura Wiley (Brown) def. Karina Cordero (SHU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Nikita Uberoi (Brown) def. Maria Rodriguez (SHU), 6-0, 6-1
6. Julie Flanzer (Brown) def. Anna Guryanova (SHU), 6-0, 6-0
1. Ariel Caldwell/Krasowski (Brown) def. Sher/Verow (SHU), 8-0
2. Flanzer/Wiley (Brown) def. Courtney Kilarski/Shoemaker (SHU), 8-1
3. Aboubakare/Gelber (Brown) def. Guryanova/Rodriguez (SHU), 8-4